Re: [Mldonkey-users] Indirect locations support

From: Michael Kroez
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Indirect locations support
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 05:05:56 +0100

MLdonkey wrote:

>> Okay, I found this behaviour in the code.
>> If the server for a received location is connected to it uses that and sends
>> QueryID otherwise QueryCallUDP to the sending server.
>>

>QueryCallUDP is for sources that are received by UDP (ie the server is
>not connected).
>

>> I'm working on a callback feature to call clients because they are not
>> reachable  by my client(ports filtered).
>>

>This is a very good idea, but I don't think it can work this
>way. Indeed, servers only allows indirect connections to their LowID
>clients, ie they won't understand a QueryID or QueryCallUDP for an IP
>address.

       Hi,

Well, from the server side implementation an id is always a uint32
(augmented with a lookup table large enough for all clients:
 ~50000 * 4byte = 200 kbyte and a lazy programmer who does not
 differ between lowid and others and enough bandwidth to forward
 the request)
So it depends on their implementation...

Do you know an open source server implementation, where
indirect connections with lowids are implemented (or are
there only the (un)official ones)?
Probably the mldonkey servers could support indirect locations
sometime.
Does the server list on the mldonkey page contain mldonkey servers
only ?

Michael.