Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: How to use Overnet (Simple Question)?

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: How to use Overnet (Simple Question)?
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:34:09 +0100

>  At the "MLdonkey World" site <http://beam.to/mldonkey-world> someone
>  told me you only need "overnet_port"/udp. At the time i opened and
>  forwarded both (tcp, udp) but according to netstat -nl noones listening
>  on "overnet_port"/tcp.

eDonkey and Overnet share the same data port (tcp), so that there is
no difference between an overnet source and an edonkey source. The
only difference appears for servers, which are replaced by other peers
in overnet, contacted via udp on the overnet port. You have to set to
true some options in the downloads.ini such as
overnet_search_... ones, and then use the 'ovweb' command in the
console to find some available peers.

- MLDonkey