Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango2002-12-13a: queue_new_sources

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango2002-12-13a: queue_new_sources
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 09:59:31 +0100

Le Sat, 14 Dec 2002 01:48:48 +0100, Sven Hartge <address@hidden>
a écrit :

> 20021213a "queue_new_sources": drop most of the new sources for files
>           that reached max_sources_per_file

Since that was inaccurate, I rewrote that part of the Changelog:
"
          "bolder_remove_old_sources": rewrote remove_old_client
                since we target at a fixed number of sources
                (max_sources_per_file), do not use the number of sources
                to trigger the "file_enough_sources" state; Instead, use
                the number of "good sources" (as per mldonkey definition,
                a source that could be reached in the last 45 mins) found,
                compared to a threshold (good_sources_threshold).
          "queue_new_sources": drop most of the new sources for files
                that are in the "file_enough_sources" state. Should avoid
                sources list thrashing for highly popular files, which
                gives very bad results with eMule peers.
"

BR,
Pierre.