[Mldonkey-users] Re: How to tell mldonkey to use eth1?

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: How to tell mldonkey to use eth1?
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:31:19 +0100

bon nonos <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have 2 internet connexions on eth0 and eth1. I'd like to tell my
> browser to use eth0 and mldonkey to use eth1. Can i do that? I don't
> know if we can do this at the application level or at linux level.

You can bind mldonkey to one specific IP, but the packets are routed by
the kernel, so if your default route points to eth0, the kernel will use
eth0 to forward the packets to the next hop.

The Advanced-Routing-HOWTO -> "policy routing" might give you some hints
on how to use different interfaces for different packets.

S°

--
142 Reasons, Why You Can't Find Your System Administrator
94. Sysadmin's down in the administrative offices fixing one of their