Re: Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] strange behavior of mldonkey ...

From: Thomas T. Soares
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] strange behavior of mldonkey ...
Date: 16 Dec 2002 21:37:55 -0200

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 21:11, John Rajda wrote:
> Guten Tag address@hidden (Pierre Etchemaite),
>
> Etchemaite> Could be two things, either using the CPU in background improves
> mldonkey
> Etchemaite> performance, or it totally perturbs the computing of download
> speeds ;)
>
> could it possibly be, that the timing of the "queue" (i know, there is
> noone, i was reading it alot times in the mailing-list, but quite
> possible something like the upload/download-limitation) is buggy?

This CPU issue is so anoying that I was forced to place a "guard dog"
daemon that kills mldonkey if it consumes all the CPU for more than 5
minutes...

Here we are in a tropical weather and my super cooler can not keep the
CPU T below 46 C with this mldonkey hungry for bogomips!

I am trying to connect sharing no file to see if this make a diference but
the problem remains...

My guess is about the server list update and DNS name resolution.