[Mldonkey-users] bug on cancel

From: Thoran
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] bug on cancel
Date: 20 Dec 2002 01:07:14 +0100

Hello list

I am using a 2 days old cvs  and there is a bug I observed in mldonkey
1.XX and I thought it disappeared (but I'm not sure).

I was downloading some files at the highest rate allowed by my ADSL
line (64 kb/s).  Then I canceled all the downloads.

all the files in the temp directory were deleted but the downloading
rate, as seen from a bandwidth monitor, didn't go down.  Then I
observed that some files were created back in the temp directory.
But the client declared it was not downloading anything (but it lies!).

Ten minutes later, I was still downloading data at the highest rate !!
and the client still reported nothing.
Then, I did a  "recover_temp", I  observed that the files that were
 recreated in the temp directory were  the same I was downloading before.
(I was expecting this :-)

I canceled again everything.  And the client is still downloading
data.  Even after a close_fds.

I wonder why  the client does  not shut down all the connection on
cancel?
is it simply a bug ? or are there some subtle reasons related to
protocol questions ?

Cheers,

        Thoran