Re: [Mldonkey-users] error-message in logfile

From: Heinz
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] error-message in logfile
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 01:00:31 +0100

i use mldonkey-cvs 2.02 with all pangopatches.
I get always the message
SIGPIPE

It flood's my logfile.
Is that normal?

Got that too with a recent CVS-build without applying any patches - no such messages with a CVS version from 11Dez. Above that not only my download rates are extremly low with this version also my upload rate was far from the allowed value - I switched back to the 11Dez version and no more SIGPIPE messages and up/download speeds are back to normal (means download not that it used to be but ok ...)

How do you generate the logfile or in other words how are you starting mldonkey?

nohup mldonkey 2>&1  &
and no problem with older versions ...

This shouldn`t be a mldonkey-problem.

Maybe BSD-related ? I use FreeBSD - anyone else with SIGPIPE messages on *BSD ?

Regards,
Heinz