[Mldonkey-users] maxsources + waiting for breaks thoughts

From: robber
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] maxsources + waiting for breaks thoughts
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 21:11:38 +0100

hi list,

i just thought about the waiting for breaks issue, and if i understood correctly this is caused by mldonkey trying to find more sources like mad..
and this can be "fixed" by setting the max_sources_per_file...

please correct me if im wrong, since i didnt follow the thread that close :|

ok, now i have some very rare files (daria eps mostly :) and some quite popular ones and i just wondered that if i reduce maxsources to some low value im also slowing the popular files down since there are more sources available for those..

wouldnt it be better to have a kind of dynamic maxsources (high for popular and low for rare files)?
or is this what good sources threshold is for?
or is my idea completely mad?

anyhow since its newyears eve i dont suppose anyone will read this (till tomorrow).. :P
robber

p.s.
i just lowered my maxsources and mldonkey started to take ~90% cpu.. is this to be expected because of massive source-deleting-cleanup?