Re: [Mldonkey-users] waiting for breaks

From: Manuel Bork
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] waiting for breaks
Date: 02 Jan 2003 18:51:39 +0100

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 17:27, Mike Jones wrote:
> I have the same problem.  It is very frustrating! I run 2.02 with pango
> 12-31a.
>
> mldonkey just runs up the CPU to 99% after a while (sometimes an hour,
> sometimes it works fine for many hours) and can't be CTRL-C'd or telnet'd,
> only kill -9 works.   I use redhat linux 7.2.

I have had the same problem, too. I tested the CVS version with Pango
12-31a, with only parts of Pango's patch and a pure CVS version.

Versions patched with pango got about 97% CPU usage after a while
(usually after 30-60 minutes). Unfortunately those versions patched with
pango did a very well job in downloading - at least for the short period
of time when they were running :( .

I got no solution so I now run the newest CVS.

In my opinion there must be a fault in pango's patch - don't take it
personally :) - and I guess pango should have a look at his code once
more.

I hope he will continue his great work.

Manu

PS: Happy new your to you folks out there!