Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Fatal error: out of memory. (2.02-0)

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Fatal error: out of memory. (2.02-0)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:01:19 +0100

>  Citing Sven Hartge (Friday, 2002/12/27  2:17)...
>
>  > Well, but it stays at 50MB after this, even after 50 hours of operation.
>
>  Hmm, with 64MB RAM this is unacceptable. 20MB was fine as with the
>  former releases.
>
>  > One Hour?!
>
>  Maybe two or three.
>
>  > Wow. You may have too many files with too many sources. Try setting the
>  > *_history_* switches to false, reduce max_sources.
>
>  *_history_* are set to false already, set max_sources_per_file to 500,
>  we will see if this cures my problem. thanks.

We clearly need to investigate on this problem this year :)

Any volonteer to modify donkeyStats.ml to write stats on memory usage
? A simple (well, maybe a bit complex in fact) function that would
tell us where the memory is used. For example, each ocaml file could
register a memory_stats function, that would print the current memory
usage of all structures in the module (Hash tables, maps, indexers,
lists, etc...). The donkeyStats module would then call all these functions
when asked.

- MLDonkey