Re: [Mldonkey-users] BUFFER OVERFLOW and lots of messages

From: Jörg Maisenbacher
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] BUFFER OVERFLOW and lots of messages
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:58:18 +0100

Sorry for the delay, I'm reading my mails from the last one to the old
ones...

No problem.

Yes, this means that you sent to this client too many messages, so
that mldonkey internal buffer is full for this client. The size of
this buffer should probably be adapted to the upload_rate (if you can
upload 10k/s, having a 500k buffer for each client is too much).

This is what i wanted to know.

In no way this message is caused by a potential security problem known
as "buffer overflow", since mldonkey always checks for buffer boundaries.

I just want to know what some messages appearing on STDOUT are exactly about, since they might give a hint about some configuration problems. For this reason i removed some "if !verbose" from the sources etc.

I didn't (and still don't) worry about security relevant buffer overflows, as i think OCAML should avoid them (as done in java for example), correct me if i'm wrong.

Dek

--
Dek <address@hidden>
   "There are only 10 types of people in the world: