Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet in 2.02-3

From: Christian Kaltepoth
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet in 2.02-3
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 06:24:00 +0100

On Friday, 10. January 2003 22:11, Michael Panteleit wrote:
> After 5 hours I got no "seen" Overnet client. But when I grep the
> file_sources.ini there are over 5500 Clients with
> "source_overnet=true" out of around 7000. So there are nearly 80%
> Overnet clients I can't reach?
>
> Or is something wrong with the tagging of connecting to these clients?

I had the same problem... Than I discoverd, that I had to open another port
in my firewall. With older cvs versions I only had to open overnet_port/udp.
But since some time it seems that mldonkey also listens on overnet_port/tcp!
Perhaps this was part of the Overnet upgrade to protocol v0.42?
No I "see" a small number of clients and I also recieve filerequest. But
there is still no up- and download!

Christian