Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-4 : unknown UDP packets

From: Michael Panteleit
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-4 : unknown UDP packets
Date: 11 Jan 2003 20:15:14 +0100

Wow, I get the answer before seeing my question on this list :)

MLdonkey <address@hidden> writes:

> emule source propagation has been almost implemented, it is probably
> time to remove the old propagation mechanism ? Or should we keep it,
> as it does a bit more than what emule does (it sends sources even when
> we don't ask for them :)

It's a nice idea for rare files. Perhaps it could be used in this
situation. Question is, where to draw the line between rare and popular.

And perhaps we could lower the max_connected_servers to 1 or 2, now we
can get enough sources other ways.

Meikel