[Mldonkey-users] Re: prevent uploading of some files

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: prevent uploading of some files
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:09:16 +0100

>>>>> "Christian" == Christian Loitsch
>>>>> <address@hidden> writes:

Christian> These paused files are all well spread (sharereactor) and
Christian> if possible I would prefer that mldonkey uploads my other
Christian> files, which are quite rare.

Maybe it would be nice to favor uploading files with the smallest
number of requests. If we assume that rarity is a stable property,
then it would make sense. However, I can see a big problem coming when
someone first shares a file which will immediately be popular (such as
the latest Buffy episode :-).

Another way would be to favor complete files first.

Yet another way would be to try to get approximately the same number
of uploads running on all the files concerned, with priority for
complete files and smaller waiting queues.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- address@hidden -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam