[OT] traffic shaping (Was: Re: [Mldonkey-users] 1/ Solving latency pb -

From: Jarek Hirny
Subject: [OT] traffic shaping (Was: Re: [Mldonkey-users] 1/ Solving latency pb - 2/download/connect_to_server pb)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:59:42 +0100

Hi.

> Forgot to add : UPLINK must be set to a value slightly less than your
> actual upload bandwidth in kbit/s (mine is 128 kbit/s).

Talking about this, do you accidentally now what I should do if my bandwidth
depends  on  a)  network,  where the other host/client is, b) period of day?
Normally  I have 128kbps, but in the night (or if I connect to somebody from
www.wix.net.pl)  it  increases  to 512kbps. And I have no idea how my shaper
should look like...

--
Jarek Hirny * http://agnus.eu.org * fidonet:2:480/96.666 * icq:92898666