Re: [Mldonkey-users] Excessive outgoing traffic

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Excessive outgoing traffic
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:00:08 +0100

>  I'm running the latest cvs version for 20 hours now and the bandwith
>  limiting of outgoing traffic is completly screwed.
>  [2003/01/26: Simon (tag unstable-2-02-8)]
>
>  My upload limit is 2, mldonkey says it uploads 2050 byte/s but the
>  outgoing rate is 11.8 KByte/s even though everything above 8KB/s gets
>  shaped at the router.

11.8 Kbytes/s of what ? data ? TCP packets to resend lost data ? There
   is some bandwidth which is belong the control of mldonkey. It
   also depends on your download rate too: if you are downloading at
   50 KBytes/s, you need at least 5 KBytes/s just for acknowledgments
   of received packets (in the TCP layer).

>  Something is just sending out traffic without accounting for it.
>  So whats not getting counted? Querying for sources maybe?

Everything read or written is counted. But packets headers, TCP
packets and things like that are not...

- MLDonkey