[Mldonkey-users] Re: Contributions in C to mldonkey

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Contributions in C to mldonkey
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:37:55 +0100

>>>>> "MLDonkey" == mldonkey  <address@hidden> writes:

MLDonkey> mldonkey really suffers from its lack of developers. Since
MLDonkey> the main problem is that a lot of people don't know ocaml,
MLDonkey> [...]

You may be right on the problem (mldonkey lacks developers), but I am
quite certain that you are wrong on the explanation (ocaml ignorance).

I think that many people do not know that they can contribute to
mldonkey. The first versions I used were not disclosing the protocol
implementation, making it totally non-fun to hack it.

This has not been a long time since I'm subscribed to this
mailing-list[1], but if there has been a call for help I haven't seen
it. Moreover, I just browsed the WWW pages, and I see no call for
developers.

I am sure that you can easily get ocaml hackers to join by simply
asking them to do so. You could even set the footer of this
mailing-list to something like:

  Join us and participate to the MLDonkey aventure
  Need to learn Objective Caml first? See http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml

 Sam

Footnotes:
[1]  A newsgroup actually from my side, see http://www.gmane.org/