[Mldonkey-users] flooded with overnet requests

From: Brett Dikeman
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] flooded with overnet requests
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 21:35:34 -0500 (EST)

After about 2 minutes of running with my overnet port forwarded through
the firewall:

Total filerequests received:               4967
                    eDonkey:                  0 (0.00 %)
               old mldonkey:                 13 (0.26 %)
               new mldonkey:                  1 (0.02 %)
                    Overnet:               4926 (99.17 %)

The kicker is that I don't have a single request showing up in my upstats
list.

I then disabled overnet forwarding.  Same result- +4000 requests in a few
minutes.  What the?!

I did a capture with etherreal- the traffic is coming from mostly european
sources, including a lot(50+ sources) on t-dialin.net...bunch of other
from french and italian sources.

Anyone have an idea as to what's going on here?  This smacks of a
deliberate attack of some sort...

Brett