[Mldonkey-users] does my mldonkey-2.04rc1-11 talk to overnet / DC?

From: Marc MERLIN
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] does my mldonkey-2.04rc1-11 talk to overnet / DC?
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 10:46:27 -0700

So, I've read all the docs, more than once and I've enabled all the
protocols I could find and get to work through my firewall (iptables on
the linux machine, more on that in another post)

So, I have mldonkey working but I can't tell whether it really connects
to just the edonkey network or also overnet, or both

So, the web interface seems to say so:
Overnet statistics:
  Search hits: 5127
  Source hits: 90529
  peers blocks (max peer number per block = 32) :
    This is a list of known peers, sorted by the first byte of their md4
address ( 05FE15E90678... => block 05)

but the connected servers page only shows "x servers on the donkey network"
Here's a screenshot:
http://marc.merlins.org/tmp/mldonkey.png

So, here are my questions:
1) Are overnet and donkey just mixed together in the mldonkey interface so
   that I can't see the difference?
2) will mldonkey download files from both networks without caring where the
   chunks came from and even get chunks of a file from both networks at once?

As for the DC network, I'm connected to it, but don't I need to do something
special to be allowed to download? (be part of a hub, or register or
something?)

And above all:
How can I tell which networks the files I'm downloading come from?

Thanks,
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger address@hidden for PGP key