Re: [Mldonkey-users] Strange message

From: Michel Meyers
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Strange message
Date: 14 Apr 2003 08:24:11 -0000

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me what this message is for:
>
> "AntiCreditTheft [lovelace]: You've been blocked because of using stolen
> userhashs."
>
> I recieve this message in the friends tab.

It's a message from an eMule mod. Basically thanks to eMule's credit system
there are now people and mods trying to steal the userhash of others in an
attempt to use the credit they got with other eMules and now there's this Mod
which tries to ban such hashstealers... Unfortunately though, it cannot really
know WHO is the real person and who is the thief in which case it ban first and
then goes to analyze both the users to see which one is the right one. (I don't
know how it does this, I guess it checks to see whether you have the file which
you previously uploaded and if you don't you obviously stole the userhash from
the client that has the file... just a guess of course) Once it figures that
out it unbans the rightful owner of the hash and bans the thief.

I'd ignore this message if I were you.

Greetings,
       Michel