[Mldonkey-users] Winpopup notification script

From: payday
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Winpopup notification script
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:54:21 +0200

Hello mldonkey-users,

I wrote a little script in order to send a win-popup message once a
file is completely downloaded. I thought maybe it would be useful
for people that have mldonkey run on their gateway and want to be
notified on their win-system. You need to have the samba-client
package installed for this to work.

============ file: sendnews ====================
#!/bin/bash

HASH="$1"
SIZE="$2"
FILENAME="$3"

echo New file: $FILENAME > ./news
echo Hash: $HASH >> ./news
echo Size: $SIZE >> ./news
echo =========================== >> ./news
ls -F /lf/incoming >> ./news
smbclient -M YOUR_WINPC_NAME_HERE < ./news

============ end file: sendnews ================

Please replace YOUR_WINPC_NAME_HERE with the netbios name of the PC
you want to send the popup message to. In my case an additional entry
in the file /etc/hosts was necessary since samba could not resolve my
netbios name. Just be to safe, you should probably add a line like
this to your /etc/hosts :

192.168.0.99    YOUR_WINPC_NAME_HERE                YOUR_WINPC_NAME_HERE

of course once again replacing YOUR_WINPC_NAME_HERE with the name of
your win machine and setting the appropriate IP for that machine.

The script is executed by the "file_completed_cmd" option. Just put it
into your mldonkey dir and call it with full its path (e.g.
/mldonkey/sendnews).

I know there are probably other and better ways to do this but since
it worked for me I thought I should share it with the list.

--
Best regards,
 payday                          mailto:address@hidden