Re: [Mldonkey-users] The automatic server list updating is driving me cr

From: Colin Mckellar
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] The automatic server list updating is driving me crazy.
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 21:29:12 +0800

On Sunday, April 27, 2003, at 08:56  PM, Colin Mckellar wrote:
Thanks very much. I will try these settings. I am curious why just setting "update_server_list = false" doesn't do the trick. What does this setting actually do?

Colin.

It didn't work. It still seems to find about 40 extra servers from somewhere. I noticed a few strange things: 1) the CLI might report 37 servers in the server list, but the GUI (the X windows one that comes with the download) reports 45. 2) if I clear the server list (with "rem all") in the CLI, then start the GUI, the GUI says that there are 45 other servers around... and proceeds to connect to them (when the CLI did not seem eager to connect to any phantom servers) 3) server.met files don't seem to work... If I type "servers server.met" in the cli it tells me that 5 servers have been added.. but they are nowhere to be seen... this is most obvious when there are no servers in the list before I do that.

Also, while I am emailing, is there any way to flat out refuse connexions to IP ranges? I have seen a few options that seem to allow you to refuse connexions to individual IP numbers, but I would like to be able to have much wider exclusion ranges.

Colin.