[Mldonkey-users] Strange behavior: diskspace not freed after complete f

From: payday
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Strange behavior: diskspace not freed after complete files are deleted
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 13:58:29 +0200

Hello mldonkey-users,

I just noticed a very strange behavior: after some files were
downloaded I moved them from my server to another pc. Strangely
enough, the diskspace available did not increase. I double checked and
made sure that the files were deleted. I tried issuing a close_fds but
nothing worked. after some time the disk was full and I could not even
kill mldonkey with a simple kill. I had to resort to a kill -9. After
mldonkey had be forcefully terminated the free diskspace increased by
about 7GB.
When I restarted mldonkey all the old files that were completed
reappeared with 0 bytes downloaded.
Since some people reported strange behavior they might want to check
their free disk space.
My guess is that mldonkey locks the files so that the filessystem can
not free the diskspace. However a ls in the incoming dir shows no
files.

mldonkey version: MLNet 2.4-rc9

--
Best regards,