[Mldonkey-users] "mkdir temp" failure in 2-4-rc12 - too much changes f

From: Ken Bradshaw
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] "mkdir temp" failure in 2-4-rc12 - too much changes for a "RC"
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 07:43:29 -0700 (PDT)

I tried to run rc12 but have returned to rc11 (I
upgraded to
all new rc*s since 2-04rc1-11 without problems), as
rc12
refuses to start on my otherwise inchanged
installation with
an error:

Updating options to level 1
Updating options to level 2
Fatal error: exception Unix.Unix_error(8, "mkdir",
"./temp")

Is this a known bug?
Is there something to perform to upgrade from
rc11->rc12 ?

PS: I am a bit puzzled with the current changes: the
"Release Candidates" in standard projects are the time
when
NO MAJOR changes take place, only small bug fixes.
Having
big changes happen in RC is definitely strange (moving
all
the files around, renaming compilation targets,
splitting
options), as it brings a potential for a lot of bugs
like
this one. Why not defer these non-essential reorgs of
the
code for after the 2.04 release? Especially since
2.04-rc11
seemed to work quite well, it could warrant the status
of
release...