Re: [Mldonkey-users] [2.4] Last chunk often corrupt

From: b8_bavard
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] [2.4] Last chunk often corrupt
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:08:01 +0200

>  > the console messages show an unusual amount of corrupted chunks here.
>  > What surprises me is that 90-95% of these corrupt chunks are the very
>  > last one of a download.

Really strange.

>  More on data corruption.
>  I've a fair ratio of completed videos on disk with invalid ed2k hashes.
>  When running mldonkey 2.4 ed2k_hash on them the hash doesn't match the
>  one used for downloading them.

ed2k_hash takes an option (-v I think) to display partial chunks hashes.

The edonkey support has not changed a lot in the previous
versions. Mostly, the three main changes are indirect: (1) use of buffer_writes
option, (2) use of threads, and (3) the copy chunks between files (is there an
option to
enable/disable it ?). I don't know if you use them. I will try a CVS
diff in the donkey directory when I come back.

>  Wild guess : on last chunk, does mldonkey do a whole file hash check ?
>  If so if one invalid chunk was downloaded it could very well explain why
>  some of my downloads are stuck on last chunk, redownloading it forever.

On last chunk, mldonkey often downloads from many clients at the same
time. As a consequence, if one of them sends corrupted data, it will
prevent finishing the download, until 'reliable_sources' option is
activated.

- b8_bavard (mldonkey)
Homepage: http://www.mldonkey.net/