Re: [Mldonkey-users] File corruption following, mldonkey hardening propo

From: Lionel Bouton
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] File corruption following, mldonkey hardening proposal
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 17:07:43 +0200

Martin wrote:

Known problem....this happens when you move/rename/delete a file
mldonkey is uploading ATM. The file-descriptors are not closed. try to
do a close_fds before renaming. see the uploaders command if someone
is still loading that file from you. stop all upload for a few minutes
until there are no uploaders anymore, close_fds and
move/delete/whatever. works for me....

I can do that, but it is far from user-friendly and error-prone.
In fact I could live with the files being created (cleaning them isn't realy a problem), what annoys me is that it is most likely the source for the file corruption I'm experiencing.

LB