[Mldonkey-users] Querying every peer for every file

From: Dusker
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Querying every peer for every file
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 20:34:54 +0200

Hi!

Is it correct that mldonkey queries every peer it connects to for every file in it's download list?

I think this feature was discussed some months ago and there were reasons to do so (e.g. finding sources for some holiday movie consisting of multiple parts) -
BUT
as seen in my ethereal dumps of mldonkey's traffic this can take MUCH upload bandwidth (with > 100 files in download list and concurrent uploads to 60. Also in theory: 100 hashes use at least 1600 bytes, + protocol_headers+opcode at least 2200, per peer).

Is this right?

If it is,could somebody make this behaviour of finding additional sources switchable (I've got no experience in ocaml)?

Greetings
Dusker