[Mldonkey-users] RE: Mldonkey-users Digest, Vol 6, Issue 33

From: Ducingen
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] RE: Mldonkey-users Digest, Vol 6, Issue 33
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 18:49:56 +0200

>    1. chat with donkeyfriends? (Christian Brandt)
>
> I think its not really a mldonkey- but more a donkey-issue:
> In my humble
> oppinion both "list friends files" and "chat with
> donkey-friends" seems to be a bit pointless.
>
> Lots of people seem to disallow listing their files and I
> never have been
> able to initiate a chat, even while coordinating my attempt
> with my partner
> using irc. Besides it seems to be nearly impossible to
> "find/grap" a given friend by his name.
>
> Am I doing terrible wrong or am I missing some FAQ?
>
> --=20
> Christian Brandt
>
>  life is short and in most cases it ends with death
>  but my tombstone will carry the hiscore

Even if it's not really used, chat with friends works and is usefull,
not for friends especially (IMs are better designed for that centericq 4
ever ;-) but for messages like 'You are using mldonkey ver XXX please
upgrade' ... or 'You have a low id go to http://wXXXXw to correct it.'
I think this message can help users and the chat interface is a good
thing.

'A propos' list friend file choice is a must have feature, and
especially allow list browse for Friends.

I mean for now it's, list files : True / False

It will be very intersting to have :

list files : True / Only Friends / False

Thanks again for your great work.

                        Julien.