Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: gtk2 gui

From: Petter E. Stokke
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: gtk2 gui
Date: 10 Jun 2003 16:39:02 +0200

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 16:24, Jay Hap-hang Yu wrote:
> will the new GTK2 gui support UTF-8 file name?

I think it's more a matter of mldonkey not supporting UTF-8. If the GUI
knew what kind of charset it was getting from the core, it ought to be
able to deal with UTF-8 just fine (generally speaking, mlgui doesn't
understand Unicode at all). As far as I know, OCaml doesn't support
Unicode, and so the mldonkey core doesn't either.

--
Petter E. Stokke <address@hidden>
NettStudio AS