Re: [Mldonkey-users] Segmentation fault in Mldonkey 2.5 version static i

From: b8_bavard
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Segmentation fault in Mldonkey 2.5 version static i386
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:01:34 +0200

It looks like your computer has not a lot of memory. MLdonkey can use
a lot of memory in some cases (searches with many results, or too many
shared files), and crash when not enough memory is available (and
sometimes crashing the computer that way). Maybe you can try to
monitor the memory footprint of mldonkey (using top, or something like
that). There has always been a memory leak somewhere, that was
triggered for some users and never appeared for other ones. To better
understand what is happening, you can set the "log_file" option (it
will log messages in that file) and set the "verbosity" option to
"all", which will trigger a really verbose output in the log_file (you
need some free megabytes on your disk). Another thing is to save the
config more often (set the save delay option to 1 minute for example),
and send us your config files (all *.ini, store* and *.met files, in a
compressed tarball, in a private mail to me...) so that we can examine
your config (downloads, shared files, search results) to know where
the memory leak comes from.

- b8_bavard (mldonkey)
Homepage: http://www.mldonkey.net/