Re: [Mldonkey-users] anonymous proxy

From: Dirk
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] anonymous proxy
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:38:37 +0200

klaus imgrund wrote:

>>Great, I'll give it a shoot. I was just wondering why such stuff hasn't
>>*highest possible priority* since
>>

>http://www.heise.de/newsticker/result.xhtml?url=/newsticker/data/ad-12.09.03-000/default.shtml&words=P2P
>

>>(in German)?
>>
>>Does someone feel like answering /that/?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Dirk
>>

>Well - probably because mldonkey is not explicitly designed for illegal
>purposes in germany.

Good point.

But not applying a patch (or code) that gives more security for the
reason that it could be used for illegal purposes is a bit lazy, isn't it?

mldonkey /could/ be used to spread illegal stuff even without this. So
that's hardly an argument NOT to include that security patch (or code)
in the next binary release ASAP(!).

Dirk