Re: [Mldonkey-users] GuiProtocol - official spec

From: Jörg Maisenbacher
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] GuiProtocol - official spec
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:30:28 +0100

Ofer Nave wrote:
Attention any MLDonkey developers, or developers who have worked on MLDonkey GUIs.

I would like to implement the GuiProtocol in perl in a module form, so that others can painlessly interface with MLDonkey in perl. I would like to get an official spec for the GuiProtocol, but the best thing I can find so far is:

http://mldonkey.lemmster.de/wiki/index.php/GuiProtocol

What do all the people who develop the various gui clients use as their
reference?

The wiki or the mldonkey-sources ;-)

Well, we wrote that gui-Protocol Wiki while we were developping g2gui with the help of b8_bavard. Yet, it might be outdated in some details. So the last reference is still the mldonkey-source. Once you got used to them it's quite readable (hint: use an editor with syntax-coloring for ocaml ;-) (i use vi))

Greets Dek