[Mldonkey-users] Problem with modification of default incoming directori

From: Johan Mazel
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Problem with modification of default incoming directories
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 17:48:56 +0100

Hello
I want to change the incoming directories of MLDonkey.
I am using using MLDonkey 3.0.1 and Ubuntu 10.10.

I tried to follow the instructions from these pages: http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/Shared_directories and http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/Share.

In order to add some directories to put incoming files (or even replace the ones from the default configuration), I stop the daemon, modify the file /var/lib/mldonkey/downloads.ini and then restart the daemon.

Once modified, the downloads.ini file looks like this :

shared_directories = [
  {     dirname = "./../../../home/jmazel/Divers/MLDonkey_Finished"
     strategy = incoming_files
     priority = 1
};
  {     dirname = shared
     strategy = all_files
     priority = 0
};
  {     dirname = "incoming/files"
     strategy = incoming_files
     priority = 0
};
  {     dirname = "incoming/directories"
     strategy = incoming_directories
     priority = 0
};]

But I have some problems, the daemon is actually not restarting. I have no error message displayed when I do "sudo /etc/init.d/mldonkey-server start" but I don't have access through telnet or web interface.
And, if I removed my modifications, the daemon start.

I also tried to use absolute paths but it is not working.
I noticed that the link quoted before that the strategy "incoming_files" is not available since version 2.5.30. So maybe this is the reason my modification is not working.

My guess is that either the documentation is not updated or I did an error is the configuration, but I can't find where.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards.

Johan Mazel