[Mldonkey-users] [patch #7448] BT: support for partial download

From: ygrek
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] [patch #7448] BT: support for partial download
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 22:57:36 +0000

             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Should Start On: Fri 07 Oct 2005 12:00:00 AM GMT
   Should be Finished on: Fri 07 Oct 2005 12:00:00 AM GMT

Details:

heres a little implementation plan:

- get all chunks for a file from its "swarmer" see chunk status
printing

- add "want to download" chunk list to swarmer, add it to chunk
download prioritizing logic, never ask for unintersting chunks.

- since we newer download unwanted chunks, we wil not faultily claim we have
them to peers either

- when chunks are downloaded they ought to wind up in their correct file as
usual. space will be wasted during download, because ill keep
space for all files anyway, and chunks spanning file boundaries will
go into the unwanted files. this is no big deal i think. and its good
if we change our mind of which files to download while downloading.

- make a command that sets the "want to download" chunk list given a
partial file id, something like:

want_partial_file A B C
where A is themain download id number , B is the sub-file number, and
C is the true/false if we want the file or not.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7448>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/