mlview-hacking

[Mlview-hacking] MlView 0.0.1.5 is out

From: dodji seketeli
Subject: [Mlview-hacking] MlView 0.0.1.5 is out
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:35:03 +0100 (CET)

Hi there,

For this release, I wrote a lot of code to improve the
architecture of MlView.
Unfortunately, the user will not see a lot of new
features.
Anyway, here is a summary of the new things:

+added very basic validation on demand feature.

+added basic graphical error reporting
functionalities.

+MlView code base now supports settings edition/load
by the user.

+Wrote a lot of code to improved the internal
architecture of MlView.
For example, i have generalized the used of an
application context shared among
all the objects of MlView. That context allows the
widgets/objects that need it
to access application ressources such as modal error
reporting functionalities.
Thanks to this application context, MlView does not
have any global variable.
(The wider variable scope used in MlView so far is the
file scope i.e _static_ variable)
That is a good way to improve reliability by reducing
side effects.
Still have to improve many aspects of this application
context management.

+many bug fixes, added some new bugs ;-)

Among the most important things that remain to do are:

+enable continuous validation, i.e when the user wants
to add a new element or a new attribute,
MlView, should let her choose among the list of
element/attributes names that match the DTD's
restrictions.
Same things when the user wants to delete an element.
For every edition action, MlView should check the if
that
edition action matches the validation constraints
expressed by the DTD.
+ add the UNDO functionnality.
+ make MlView utf-8/16 aware.

So for the next release I am working on the
"continuous validation" feature + bug fixing +
integration of the patches i receive.

Take care,

Dodji.