mlview-hacking

[Mlview-hacking] development status

From: Dodji Seketeli
Subject: [Mlview-hacking] development status
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:35:50 -0400

Hi all,

This is just to tell you a bit about what's going on in mlview development.

Well, the current dev branch is devel-0-0-3 .
The last devs I have made on mlview recently are about the support
of several enconding when saving/reading the xml file.
I have also worked on the support of iso-8859-1 char edition.

All these hacks are in the cvs in the devel-0-0-3 branch though I've not
made any official release yet.

Right now, I am working on the support of css in mlview.
I am planning to write an xml rendering engine that will enable
the view/edition of xml in a nice textual oriented way. How xml elements are rendered would be configured via css.

As a matter of fact, I've started the libcroco project. It's aim is
to write a generic css parser that implements the Simple Api for CSS
specified by the W3C. The cvs of this project is publicly available in read only.

Being alone to work on mlview, I will slow down it's release frequency a bit ... I think I will randomly switch to mlview core to
fix bugs here and there.

If you do think about a better way to handle all this, suggestions are welcome.

That's all for today :)

Thank you.

Dodji.