mlview-hacking

Re: [Mlview-hacking] gtk, gtk2, etc.

From: Dodji Seketeli
Subject: Re: [Mlview-hacking] gtk, gtk2, etc.
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:26:45 +0100

Marc Mengel wrote:

Dodji wrote:
 > Do you guys have an experience with this kind of portable toolkit yet ?
 > Do you know a toolkit that would be better ? Do you think I should stick
 > with gtk and just port MlView to gtk2 ?

The gimp webpages talk about using GTK+1.3.0 on Windows -- it might be
easier than going to gtk2.  I quote:
"If you are porting a program that uses GTK+ 1.2 on Unix, use GTK+ 1.3.0 on Windows. Don't be afraid of the 1.3 version number, it actually is mostly
   like 1.2.7, API-wise."

gtk 1.3.0 for Windows:
  http://gnuwin.epfl.ch/apps/gtk/en/

That doesn't get you everywhere that wxwindows does, but it does get
you to Windows...

Marc

Hi Marc,
Thank you for your answer.

I've finally come to the same conclusion as you :)
MlView will stick to gtk :)
I think that even gtk2 will be supported on windows in a near future.

Cheers,

Dodji.

--
Dodji Seketeli.                 | Gnome MlView, an XML Editor for GNOME
address@hidden              | http://www.nongnu.org/mlview