modcaml

[Modcaml] install problem

From: Christophe Dehlinger
Subject: [Modcaml] install problem
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:54:01 +0200

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing CocanWiki. I hope this is the right place to ask for help...

Anyway, I've been trying to install this fine piece of software on my linux box at work (old Red Hat, dates back to June '02), for which I do not have root access. I installed locally everything listed on http://sandbox.merjis.com/dependencies in order, except the DBI libraries that I had missed and thus installed at the very end. I always used the latest version, except for Apache, where I stuck to the latest 1.3 release as it seemed easier to interface with mod_caml.
I then compiled CocanWiki, without any problem.

However, I have a lot of trouble configuring Apache. By the way, I'm a complete Apache noob.

I didn't set up the Virtual Host thing, because as I understand it I would have needed several IP addresses or some kind of control on the network.
So I altered the httpd.conf file this way:
- changed the listen port (port 80 is blocked here, I put 16000 instead)
- changed the DocumentRoot to CW's html directory
- added the following at the end of the file
   AddDefaultCharset utf-8
   LoadModule caml_module /.../apachehttpd/libexec/mod_caml.so
   CamlLoad /.../cocanwiki-1.3.12/html/_bin/cocanwiki.cma
   Include /.../cocanwiki-1.3.12/conf/cocanwiki.conf

I then tried to start apache. It didn't work, I got this exception:
Failure("error while linking /home/irsrvhome1/R11/dehlingc/oc/cocanwiki-1.3.12/html/_bin/cocanwiki.cma.
Reference to undefined global `ExtString'")

I then added CamlLoad directives until these failures disappeared. At the end, the tail of httpd.conf was:
AddDefaultCharset utf-8
LoadModule caml_module /.../apachehttpd/libexec/mod_caml.so
CamlLoad /.../mod_caml/registry.cmo
CamlLoad /.../lib/ocaml/nums.cma
CamlLoad /.../lib/ocaml/site-lib/extlib/extLib.cma
CamlLoad /.../lib/ocaml/site-lib/postgres/postgres.cma
CamlLoad /.../lib/ocaml/dbi/dbi.cma
CamlLoad /.../lib/ocaml/dbi/dbi_postgres.cmo
CamlLoad /.../lib/ocaml/site-lib/calendar/calendar.cma
CamlLoad /.../cocanwiki-1.3.12/html/_bin/cocanwiki.cma
Include /.../cocanwiki-1.3.12/conf/cocanwiki.conf

But it still doesn't work, and now I really don't know what to do. Apache startup fails in the Include line with:
Syntax error on line 25 of /.../cocanwiki-1.3.12/conf/cocanwiki.conf:
Invalid command 'ExpiresActive', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
../bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Any suggestions welcome :)

Cheers,
Christophe

__________________________

Ce message (et toutes ses pièces jointes éventuelles) est confidentiel et
établi à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation de ce
message non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication,
totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation expresse. L'IFP décline
toute responsabilité au titre de ce message.

This message and any attachments (the message) are confidential and intended
solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited.
IFP should not be liable for this message.

Visitez notre site Web / Visit our web site : http://www.ifp.fr