modcaml

Re: [Modcaml] PCRE/Apache 1.3 problem (?)

From: Richard Jones
Subject: Re: [Modcaml] PCRE/Apache 1.3 problem (?)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 10:20:13 +0100

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 05:22:06PM -0700, Martin Jambon wrote:
> Thanks.
> I found the source of the problem. After removing this, it works:
> LoadModule php3_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp3.so
>
> I guess I have to compile the PHP library and PCRE-OCaml with the same
> version of PCRE if I want both mod_caml and php3 on my server.

Yes ... PCRE is in fact an endless source of trouble for this reason.
Packagers seem to want to statically link in different versions of
PCRE to their packages, rather than dynamically linking to the system
version.  This is the root of the problem with mod_caml & Apache 2.0.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.