monit-general

Combine multiple alerts into a single email?

From: sashk
Subject: Combine multiple alerts into a single email?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 12:16:30 -0400

Hi,

I've got multiple checks per host and when host is down, or host has multiple
alerts, I end up receiving multiple emails per host. Is there a way to combine
them into a single alert?

Example config:

check host smtp.domain.com with address smtp.domain.com
 if failed ping then alert
 if failed port 25 protocol smtps certificate valid > 30 days then alert
 if failed port 587 protocol smtps certificate valid > 30 days then alert

Thanks!