mysql-sr-lib-dev

[Mysql-sr-lib-dev] Acceptance rules

From: Giuseppe Maxia
Subject: [Mysql-sr-lib-dev] Acceptance rules
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:23:04 +0100

Hi folks,
I start yet another thread, reacting to Markus Popp's offer to
contribute to the library.
As I stated in the original forum post, there should be a list of
minimum requirements for acceptance.
While I don't doubt the quality of Markus's work (I'm actually using
his db4free.org resources), this is a good opportunity to start talking
about this issue as well.

Quoting from my forum post:

Minimum requirements for admissions, out of the top of my head:
- they compile correctly in a safe box;
- their name does not confict with anything already existing;
- their use is fairly documented according to a template I have yet to figure
out;
- they have a test unit; (which my routines still don't!)

Since then, I have a template for documentation, even though I think it could be
greatly improved
http://www.nongnu.org/mysql-sr-lib/doc/reference_guide.html#syntax_helpers

You can see what I am trying to do. The documentation is processed
automatically.
Look at routine_syntax.mysql and routine_syntax2.mysql browsing the project CVS
tree.

BTW, when I mentioned the 'safe box', I was thinking about Markus' db4free.org.

Ciao
Giuseppe