nano-devel

<Tab> is not captured while selecting

From: Seb
Subject: <Tab> is not captured while selecting
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 12:09:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I think I may have found a bug in Nano (I downloaded 4.6). I was trying to write a hardcoded hash in Perl, where key/value pairs are separated by a "=>". I first wrote the keys:
        '10'
        '20'
        '30'
then went back to the first line, ^E to go beyond the second apostrophe, then started selecting (Ctrl-^) and typed "<Tab>=> ". My intention was to cut this text (^K^U) and copy it below (^N^U, etc.). But after pressing <Tab>, instead of seeing a selected <Tab>, the entire line shifted to the right, including "'10'".

This selection process used to work, though; I used it countless times before.

Can this be mended?

Kind regards,
Sébastien.