nethack-el-devel

Re: [Nethack-el-devel] colors, suppress-keymap

From: Istvan Marko
Subject: Re: [Nethack-el-devel] colors, suppress-keymap
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 22:55:15 -0700

Ryan Yeske <address@hidden> writes:

> Istvan Marko <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The biggest thing I am missing is colors - I wasn't able to get colors
>> working in text mode

It turns out that this was caused by me having TTY_GRAPHICS enabled in
addition to LISP_GRAPHICS (so that I could play both in emacs and in
tty mode with the same binary). When TTY_GRAPHICS is enabled
mapglyph.c uses the wintty.h version of has_color():

mapglyph.c:
#include "hack.h"
#if defined(TTY_GRAPHICS)
#include "wintty.h"     /* for prototype of has_color() only */
#endif
[...]
#if !defined(TTY_GRAPHICS)
#define has_color(n)  TRUE
#endif

And when running under emacs, the TTY_GRAPHICS version of has_color
figures that the "tty" it is running on doesn't have colors.

--
        Istvan