nethack-el-devel

[nethack-el] display style changes in CVS

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: [nethack-el] display style changes in CVS
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:54:28 -0400

Hi nethackers,

I've committed some changes that let you customize the way messages,
prompts and the status display.

3 variables decide how it works:

nethack-prompt-style
nethack-status-style
nethack-message-style

nethack-prompt-style and nethack-message-style can be either :map or
t. :map means they display or prompt for info in the map buffer, very
similar to the way tty nethack displays messages and prompts.

nethack-status-style can be :map :mode-line :header-line or t which
display the status lines in the map buffer, mode-line, header-line or
the status buffer.

Please test it and let me know if you break it. I've been using it
with everything set to :map.

Things to do: currently only reading a full line with the :map style
uses a minor mode and a seperate keymap. The other input functions
still use the minibuffer. I'd like to use a minor mode for those
functions too so you can switch away from the nethack buffer at
anytime, even when being prompted to have your possessions identified.

Also messages cut off the 1st line of the map. I've only noticed it in
the gnomish mines and it's not a big deal. I'll fix that at some
point.

-Shawn