nethack-el-devel

Re: [nethack-el] missing features compared to nethack

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [nethack-el] missing features compared to nethack
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:21:46 -0800

On Aug 27, 2007 6:11 AM, Arnaud Fontaine <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm maintaining nethack-el debian packages and received mails concerning
> missing  features  in  nethack-el  compared to  nethack.  The  following
> features seems to be missing:
>
> - '.' doesn't work for selecting all items
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=425949
>
> - '#' keybinding missing
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=425950
>
> - Conduct not displayed after death
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=425951
>
> Do you think these features could be added in the future release?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I don't know when the next
release will be but I'll fix them when that happens :).

Note, however that the # keybinding missing is in someways a feature, as
these commands are bound to a Meta key combo. In making nethack more emacs
like, this keybinding was discarded on purpose. Also M-x nethack-command-*
is another way to access these extended commands.

-Shawn