neurostat-develop

[Neurostat-develop] Calculation note and CVS

From: Fabrice Rossi
Subject: [Neurostat-develop] Calculation note and CVS
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:14:38 +0200

Hi.

I've started to populate the CVS of our project. I've used the following
organization:

neurostat
  - doc
    - spec

Names are quite straightforward, I guess.

I plan to add a java subdirectory to neurostat and to use ant for building
this part.

I've added to spec mlp.tex which is the short note containing propagation and
back-propagation formulae. I've will add second order derivatives when needed.
Of course, you can update the file if you find errors. For those unfamiliar
with CVS, please avoid using $$ for equations (use \(\)), because CVS uses $$
for its keywords. By the way, this is plain latex2e with package xspace.

I would like to submit a description for our project. I propose the following
short description:

"Neurostat aims at implementing yet another Multi-Layer Perceptron (MLP)
library, both in C and Java. The C library will be interfaced with R. The
focus is mainly on efficiency (using ATLAS for C and COLT for Java). We will
handle MLP with sparse connections and with connections that skip layers."

I also plan to start a basic web page. I propose to use very basic HTML with a
simple CSS (such as my own web page http://apiacoa.org).

Comments are welcome.

Fabrice