Re: time delayed sending

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: time delayed sending
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 13:28:19 -0500

>One of the things I think we lack of a message-ID -> message map.  We
>have discussed ways to store per-message meta-data outside of the
>message file many times, and I don't think we ever came to a conclusion
>here.

Weeellll ... I mean, we have the command-line INTERFACE for that, I
think; pick(1) seems like the obvious answer.  Sure, right NOW it
trawls through every message in a folder, but there's no reason it
couldn't look at some kind of metadata index.  Paul Vixie wrote
something like that a while ago.

>so, it's gonna be okay to do:
>now:
>   send -> my-back-post-replacement -> disk
>later:
>   disk -> send -> post

Yeah, that should be fine.

--Ken