nss-mysql-devel

Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] new release

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] new release
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:24:30 +0200

Dans un message du 18 oct à 22:59, Antonio Dias écrivait :
> Are there plans to implement functions like putpwent(1) and putspent(1)?
> This would be great because we can use programs like passwd and useradd to
> manage users databases under MySQL.

Actually, Name Service Switch (NSS) is just a way of lookup therefore
there is no API for writing in the repositories. Consequently, I do not
plan to implement them in the library :-)

But I will see if I can write some tool to do this. If you have some
time, feel free to send me patches :-).

Regards

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

      If you cause problems that only you can fix, you'll never be fired.
                            http://www.copyleft.net/