nss-mysql-devel

[Nss-mysql-devel] group patches & automake

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Nss-mysql-devel] group patches & automake
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 14:28:07 +0100

        Hi,

        Since Guillaume granted me write access to the CVS tree, I'll
commit & document the group patches
(http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=49&group_id=443).

        In addition I'll convert the Makefile to automake + create the
files that should exist for the project to be GNU standard compliant
(ChangeLog, AUTHORS, NEWS).

        I'll release the 0.34 version, with a test script to detect
incompatibilities with previous configuration file + convert them when
possible. The idea is the following:

        - parse the config file

        - if the config file only contains simple table names + field
          names, convert all fields to fully qualified fields

        - if the config file contains table names and/or field names
          that are not simple (for instance field + 100), ask people
          to convert them manually

        Cheers,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden