nss-mysql-devel

Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] Solaris patch

From: Kevin W. Brown
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] Solaris patch
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 13:33:26 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, Guillaume Morin wrote:

> Well, both are okay. Since you are reading this mail, just post it here
> :-)

OK, I will!

> > The problem with this patch is that it breaks compiling on Linux.  I could
> > modify the patch with some #ifdef's to make it compatible, however the
> > configure script needs to be modified to test whether or not nsswitch.h
> > exists and put an appropriate #define in config.h.  I don't know how to
> > do this, as I've never messed with autoconf before.
>
> Ok, I'll take care of that.

OK.  Should I wait until you've completed that before I post my patch?
That way, I can re-write the patch so it compiles on all platforms.

> > Additionally, configure currently builds a Makefile that includes -lz on
> > the LIBS line.  Solaris doesn't have this library, and it's not needed to
> > compile.  configure needs to check to see if this library exists...
>
> I'll do this too.
>
> Thanks for your contribution.

No problem!

BTW, I forgot one other thing in my original message.  I had to change the
following lines from:

#include <mysql/mysql.h>
#include <mysql/my_pthread.h>

to:

#include <mysql.h>
#include <my_pthread.h>

I have MySQL installed in /usr/local/mysql, so I passed configure an
argument of --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql.  Will the above changes break
compiling on Linux?

       Kevin W. Brown      | 2975B Manchester Rd. | E-Mail: address@hidden
 Quantum Internet Services | Manchester, MD 21102 |  Voice: 410-239-6920